An apprenticeship is a great way for you to combine theoretical learning with practical skills building ‘on-the-job’ and the department will also support you with allowing you dedicated time each week to focus on your apprenticeship studies.
The responsibilities of the apprentice will include:
- Providing day-to-day support with core financial activities and processes
- Updating financial records
- Overseeing client, customer or supplier accounts
- Assisting with completion of month end tasks, including reconciling accounts
- Creating, sending, and following up on invoices
- Collecting and reviewing data for reports
- Producing accurate and insightful analysis which supports planning, control & decision making
- Developing continuous improvement of key finance processes and controls
- Working collaboratively with other finance departments and stakeholders within the business
There will be the opportunity to work within different departments within Central Finance including Accounts Payable, Client and Sales Ledger, Financial Reporting, Tax and Treasury, providing a wider experience and facilitating future career progression within the Finance Profession.
Job Description Works with Credit control team to secure timely collection of invoices/credit notes and updates/responses to emails and queries for clients in UK & Europe.
- Calling clients and securing payment dates
- Monthly statement runs and mail merge
- Accurately input data onto system for call logs and payment projections
- Updating account ownership
- Respond to emails within agreed timescales
- Filing and document retention
- Ensure all month end processes achieved within preset timeframes
- Take credit card payments in line with credit card compliance
Westbury Street Holding (WSH) is the parent company for leading brands operating in the catering and hospitality sectors. Our brands operate in diverse sectors, including: Public spaces - such as the Science Museum, St Pancras Champagne bar and Dublin Zoo, Workspaces - from oil rigs to investments banks, Education – primary schools, secondary schools, colleges, and universities. We are a Support Office of circa 150 headcount based in Reading, providing financial and other administrative services to the group companies each of whom retains its own personality. Teams based in Reading include: Central Finance including Accounts Payable, Client and Sales Ledger, Financial Reporting, Tax and Treasury, Payroll services for around 22,000 employees in the UK, Ireland and Europe, Central HR administration, Supply Chain and Purchasing, IT Support And an in-house legal team based in our London Office.