About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Trainee to join a friendly team working within our Central Region and based at our office in Solihull, West Midlands on a permanent basis. The purpose of the role will include;
- To assist with all aspects of planning, architectural and engineering duties to provide technical support to all regional departments and site-based teams;
- To assist with the management of documents and technical design information, uploading to 4Projects or other applicable document systems;
- To assist with the completion of registrations and applications for NHBC, Building Control, Planning and other entities, including updating portal information;
- To assist with the briefing and appointment of architectural and engineering services, issuing of purchase orders and processing invoices for payments;
- To assist in managing external architects and consultants in the preparation and issue of working drawings to an agreed programme, fee, and scope;
- To assist in collation of handover documentation and Health and Safety files;
- To assist with enquiries and obtaining quotations for utility services including plot connections and meter;
- To assist with the preparation of land appraisal and bids;
- To assist with the preparation of planning applications and discharge of conditions;
- Attend meetings and sites at various stages of project including design team and site development meeting;
- Respond to customer queries and resolve technical and construction issues.
- The successful candidate will need to have a keen interest in design and housing development;
- Ideally undertaking or recently completed a construction related course such in Construction and the Built Environment, Civil Engineering and Architectural Technology;
- The position requires the successful candidate to be competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel packages and a working knowledge of AutoCad would be preferable;
- Must be enthusiastic, focused and hardworking individual with excellent time management and an ability to work successfully to tight deadlines/targets;
- They should have ab eye for detail and be able to work on their own initiative as well as being committed and a team player.
There has never been a better time to join Tilia Homes in an industry that is fast paced, exciting and rewarding.
Our vision for Tilia Homes is clear; to become a top five housebuilder within five years and we are already laying strong foundations for growth with the acquisition of new land and investment.
We realise at the centre of our plans are our people and as such are looking to invest heavily in them through development, support, and of course remuneration.
Join us and be part of a business that prides itself on creating desirable, stylish homes for families to live in and enjoy for many years to come.
What Tilia Homes can offer you;
- 26 days holiday with additional bank holidays;
- Company Pension Scheme;
- Life Assurance;
- Employee discount on a new Tilia home;
- Retail discount portal;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- 24/7 GP.