Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
Priority over agency workers
Supportive on-site teams
And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
The successful candidate should be highly motivated and an organised individual. You will provide effective and efficient clerical support to a large multi-disciplinary team ensuring that administration processes meet the needs of all service users. You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team within our clerical team. This may require the post-holder to work across the department where required.
If you are punctual, reliable, and have the ability to multi-task in an administration role, and can see yourself as part of a multidisciplinary team then we would welcome your application.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
To provide front line support to patients and relatives attending the department
To ensure the clinics run service runs efficiently
To provide support to all telephone and email queries
To support the renal admin team where required for the needs of the service and our patients
Use of computerised systems including PAS
General admin tasks to support the service
Be flexible to cross cover reception duties when required.
Skills and Knowledge
• Educated to NVQ Level in Business Administration or relevant equivalent experience
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
• Knowledge of office procedures and data input processes
• Knowledge of information patient systems
• Ability to work efficiently and proactively, within a team or individual
• A willingness to be flexible and to prioritise workload
• Self motivated
• An ability to demonstrate confidentiality and trustworthiness, adhering to confidentiality and discretion
• Knowledge of medical terminology advantage