As a Technician working for Vauxhall and Kia at Castleford, you will be responsible for ensuring that all service, repair and maintenance work is completed to exemplary standards on a diverse range of models across these market leading brands. Engaged and highly motivated, you will want to work as part of a team striving to create the Best Place to Shop for our customers.
It is our ambition to make JCT600 the best place to work. This is a fantastic opportunity to take the next step of your career with a business that is focussed on you and your training and development, whilst offering you a flexible, supportive, and fun working environment in which you can thrive!
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Accurately and skilfully undertake the repair and servicing of motor vehicles, ensuring that every job meets the required standards, including the completion of any administrative processes.
- Ensuring that all repair work is completed to the highest standard and within factory timescales.
- Completing and providing accurate diagnostic reports on vehicles, supplying a clear understanding of what and why a repair is needed to the Workshop Manager/Team Leader.
- Evaluating the condition of every vehicle worked on and, where necessary, reporting and documenting all additional work required on both systems and job cards.
- Where applicable, fully explain to customers what is required for a technical repair using language that the customer fully understands.
- Liaising with other departments to facilitate the timely and accurate servicing and repair of vehicles.
- Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with Company, Brand and industry guidelines.
- Previous experience as an accredited/qualified Diagnostic Vehicle Technician, level 3 IMI light vehicle maintenance or City and Guilds equivalent.
- Brand accreditation would be beneficial but not essential as brand training will be provided, we encourage candidates from all brand backgrounds to apply for the role.
- A customer centric approach, always striving to deliver service above customer expectations.
- An enthusiastic and optimistic manner, taking responsibility for your actions and decisions.
- An organised and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Clear communicator when advising customers on technical issues.
- A driving license free from excessive penalties is essential.
JCT600 will provide training that is designed to keep experienced Technicians up to speed with the latest Motor Industry technology. We will ensure that throughout your career with JCT600, you will continue to enhance your skills through both internal and external training programs.
Why join JCT600 and what is in it for you?
As part of our ambition to be best place to work, we offer:
- Highly competitive salary dependent upon experience.
- A life assurance plan and a company pension subject to T&C’s.
- 26 days annual leave, increasing to 28 days at 5 years’ service and 30 days at 10 years’ service (from 1st July 2022) plus bank holidays.
- Flexible and hybrid working policies.
- 26 weeks paid maternity leave and 4 weeks paid paternity leave.
- A range of training and leadership development programmes.
- Colleague referral scheme worth up to £1000 per referral.
- Preferential Service Rates (This includes family and friends)
- Long service reward and Loyalty incentives.
Read more about our Employee Benefits - JCT600
Our ambition is also to make JCT600 the best place shop. It feels different. Our people care about customers and show genuine interest in them as individuals. We don’t want them to feel processed. Because our teams are great and customers are delighted it follows that JCT600 will become the best dealer partner a Brand could hope for. We can invest, we perform well and our people are a pleasure to deal with. JCT600 simply want to be the best people to do business with.
JCT600 provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. Integral to our values is our commitment to supporting diversity and inclusion for each and every colleague and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to gender, ethnicity, pregnancy, religion, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
It is our ambition to make JCT600 the best place to work. We aim to treat our colleagues with respect and support their development. Everyone connected with JCT600 contributes to our success, cares about performance and strives to be the best they can be. This creates a sense of fun, caring and teamship which is unrivalled in its industry.