The Role: Located in one of our eight small (maximum six bed) homes across Cardiff and Barry we offer full or part time hours which cover evenings, weekends, bank holidays, wake-in and sleep-in duties. We specialise in supporting children and adults with learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, acquired brain injury and mental health issues. We provide person centred care and support aimed at improving the quality of life for individuals.
What we are looking for: Experience is helpful, but not essential as full training is provided. Above all we are looking for people who share our values, who are caring, empathetic, compassionate, good team players with a willingness to learn. Successful candidates will have an interest in helping those with mental health needs and complex learning disabilities to live with less restriction and greater independence They will be energetic and enthusiastic, with a desire to make a difference and enrich the lives of others.
Day to day tasks: To support individuals going about their daily lives, providing personal care where necessary and promoting their independence, enabling them to achieve their goals.
This to include:
• Assisting individuals where necessary with personal care needs, including washing / bathing, toileting needs, dressing and undressing, mobility and transport, etc.
• Helping the individuals in our care to make their own choices and supporting them to carry out activities within and outside of the home, e.g. cooking, cleaning, shopping, going to the gym, days out, social and leisure activities.
• Acting as an advocate promoting individuals’ wellbeing, safety and quality of life.
• Cleaning duties as part of the team, undertaking any general domestic chores, or supporting individuals to carry out such duties.
• Helping with menu planning, shopping and cooking for the home.
• Administering medication to individuals following appropriate training and in line with company procedures.
• Carrying out health & safety checks as necessary.
• Following care and management guidelines and working in line with company policies and procedures.
• Completing documentation and keeping records in accordance with company policy.
• Other reasonable tasks as required which fall within the grade of the job