Benefits of Training at CNTC:
• Competitive salary while training and gaining hands on experience in our nursery
• High staff ratios across all age groups
• On-site parking
• Cycle to work scheme and on-site secure bike storage
• Located on main bus route from Reading town centre
• Free uniform
• Flexible shift patterns over a 40hr week
• Bank Holiday and Christmas to New Year closure which does not come out of your annual leave allocation • Comfortable staff rest rooms with kitchenette facilities
• Continuing professional development
• Career progression
• Supportive and experienced staff team – 50% of our staff have been working at CNTC for over 5yrs, 23% for more than 10yrs and 17% for more than 15yrs
• Guaranteed interview at the end of your training for a qualified position in our nursery
Your role would be to:
• Work effectively as a trainee, taking responsibility for your learning and achieving the NCFE/CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (EYE).
• Work effectively as a team member with an enthusiastic and positive outlook.
• Have a passion and be able to learn how to care for and educate children.
• Develop skills to enable you to provide for the children’s physical, emotional, social, and intellectual needs.
• Develop the knowledge for you to be able to provide activities and experiences to meet the learning and developmental needs of the children.
• Work in partnership with parents, carers, and families.
• Gain the knowledge to support future record keeping, including children’s development records and observations using our on-line nursery management system.
• Provide a warm, secure, safe, stimulating and inclusive environment, promoting safeguarding procedures and the welfare of the children at all times.
• Work within the Policy and Procedures of our setting.
To find out more or to book a personal tour telephone
Michelle Wigmore, Head, on 0118 9471847 or email: email@example.com
To find out further information about our setting or to watch our video visit www.chilternntc.com
CNTC has a strong commitment to inclusion and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices. Successful applicants will be required to provide satisfactory background checks, references, and an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Are you thinking of a childcare apprenticeship? Do you want to earn more than the apprenticeship rate whilst you train? Why not come and visit our setting to explore what we have to offer?
Chiltern Nursery & Training College is an established independent setting in Caversham, Reading. The nursery is set in extensive grounds and has a warm and friendly family ethos following the ‘In the Moment’ approach to learning and development. Our enthusiastic and experienced staff team share their knowledge through supportive mentorship. We have our own on-site training suite, dedicated tutor and assessor for you to access weekly during your training. An entry requirement of GCSE Grade 4 or above or Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths is required.