Purpose of role
• Work with our installation teams, assisting with all aspects of match-marking, dismantling, and installation of machinery.
• Follow the instruction of Beck & Pollitzer supervisors, ensuring work is carried out efficiently and effectively in accordance with scheduling, health and safety requirements.
• Match mark mechanical equipment prior to carrying out dismantling works and the transfer of marking information to drawings.
• Undertake mechanical maintenance tasks and fault finding on differing machinery and structures.
• Assemble, dismantle and install structures, machine tools, conveyor systems, mechanical handling equipment and process/production line equipment.
• Carry out of floor markings to layout drawings.
• Mechanically line and level industrial equipment using machine and dumpy levels or theodolite. • Work as part of a team assisting other trades.
Fabrication & Installation
• Carry out fabrication tasks involving welding, grinding and oxy acetylene cutting. • Accurately assess the weight and point of balance of equipment/items to be lifted. • Carbon steel, screwed pipework installation, including brackets.
From time to time your manager may ask you to undertake reasonable tasks not stated within this role profile but commensurate with your position. The Company also reserves the right to review
and update this profile to reflect the changing needs of the job. However, any significant changes will be discussed in consultation with you.
Experience and qualifications required
• Good standard of education
• Apprenticeship time served mechanical machine tool fitter
• City & Guilds, BTEC or NVQ qualification, or similar.
• CSCS Card
• Read mechanical and layout drawings.
• Excellent Health & Safety knowledge and Standards
• The ability to demonstrate a pragmatic and ‘common sense’ approach to problem solving • Fully flexible regarding working hours and days working, including weekends, out of hours. • Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Experience of working within ‘time critical’ production environments.
• Highly organised with the ability to manage time effectively.
• Willing to travel and work away from home.
• *Slinger banksman certification
• *Gantry Experience
• *Work at height
• FLT licence (7-tonne and above), including the use of jib attachment.
• Overhead crane licence
• IPAF (Cherry Picker/Scissor lift licence.)
• Knowledge of lifting/rigging
• Display a flexible ‘can do’ approach
Personal characteristics required
• Self-motivated professional and energetic, both within a team and independently. • Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Operate in accordance with Beck & Pollitzer policies and procedures
• Undertake any training necessary to meet the requirements of the post • Prepared to work away from home within the UK and overseas
• Undertake any other duties, relevant to your skills, which may from time to time be deemed necessary.
• Be open to new ideas, understand the need for change and be willing to adapt. • Be aware of issues of equality and diversity, to understand and be sensitive to cultural differences.
• Be responsible for your personal presentation in line with company image • Take all possible steps to ensure a safe working environment for yourself and others. • Methodical approach with an eye for detail.
• High level of initiative
Number of direct and indirect reports
Interfaces - internal and external
• Engineering Manager
• General Manager
• Other group Managers
Beck & Pollitzer is the world’s leading provider of machine installation and relocation services. We are a company committed to providing high quality service for all our clients, regardless of project size.
Our Business has a network of 1000+ employees in over 30 offices across the UK, Europe, Asia, America and Australia which means we are uniquely positioned to undertake local projects or offer global support.
In the fast-growing Warehouse automation sector, Beck & Pollitzer has established itself as a global leader. We deliver quality installations in multiple geographies for our blue-chip customers. We have gained experience in all types of storage systems.