Should I attend?
The great thing about recruitment events such as careers fair is that everyone is welcome. As there are so many different employers attending, there are opportunities for all ages and levels of experience.
Think about attending if:
● You are thinking about your next step following full-time education.
● You are considering a career change and would like more information.
● You would like to start an apprenticeship.
● You have recently graduated and are looking to start your career.
What should you do to prepare?
● Polish up your CV and LinkedIn profile - it may be a good idea to connect with people beforehand.
● Make a list of the stands and employers you are most interested in visiting.
● Plan your elevator pitch including who you are, what your skills are, and what your career goal is.
● Think about the questions that might be asked by employers.